Oh my God! What is OmoAwo.org coming too? Rules @ OmoAwo.org?
Yes folks it’s true, OmoAwo.org has finally raised the white flag. Because of recent events I’ve had to make a comments policy for this blog.
So far I’ve narrowed it down to the points below:
- I moderate comments under certain circumstances. This isn’t really a rule but for your information so that you will know your comment hasn’t disappeared into a black hole of nothingness. So please be patient if your comment doesn’t show up immediately. It is waiting in the queue for me to approve it.
- Spam and sploggers will be destroyed with extreme prejudice. No exceptions and no regrets.
- No linking to offensive sites such as porn, gambling, splogs or sites that Google has listed as suspicious.
- Please leave a name and not just some keywords to game the search engines, otherwise it may be destroyed.
- Anonymous Commenters. At one time I allowed anonymous commenters carte blanche on this blog. It didn’t really matter to me in cases where a response was not necessary. But if a commenter disagrees with me on a topic then I will most likely wish to respond.
I love a good discussion as much as anyone, BUT in situations where I need to respond you must provide a proper name and link that leads back to your blog or website and tells me a little bit about yourself.
When I’m having a discussion with someone I want to know there is a real person behind the fassade, otherwise my suspicions might get the better of me. After all, if you wish to challenge me at least have the intestinal fortitude to show yourself. It’s also considered good manners.
So I will not respond to anyone who insists on hiding behind the cloak of anonymity under those circumstances, and the comment will be removed.
- Inflammatory Comments. No personal attacks, name calling, mean or malicious comments are allowed. If you disagree with someone (especially myself ) then please be polite and respectful.
I appreciate a good sense of humor as much as anyone so I may allow a little latitude and literary license to use tongue-in-cheek humor (as long as it’s used discretely and in good taste of course).
- Profanity and lewd comments are generally frowned upon. I realize some think it’s cool but I don’t want to lose readers because of offensive content. So I will exercise my right as the owner of this blog to edit offensive comments on a case by case basis.
Violators will be considered treasonous to this fair blog and paraded to the public square where they will be disemboweled, drawn and quartered in front of a large and blood thirsty crowd, and then deleted.
Well, not really but you get the picture.
Of course, lively commentary and good debate is always appreciated and approved!
Thanks for visiting OmoAwo.org.